Can a dog eat broccoli? Yes, they can eat broccoli. They can eat both cooked or raw broccoli.
Why should broccoli be given to your dog?
Broccoli is a package deal of wholesome goodness. It has all the essential contents that are good for dogs. This vegetable can help in boosting the energy level of dogs, making their fur shiny, maintaining a healthy weight and helping them fight chronic disease.
Nutrient contents of broccoli
- Vitamin A, E, B1, B6,
- Fatty acids
- Pantothenic acid
How to prepare broccoli for your dog?
Preparing broccoli is not difficult but making your dog eat it is! When you cannot make your 5 years old eat broccoli, then you know your dog is smarter. You can try to feed him raw broccoli. The Method is simple, wash, cut and serve it. You will be lucky if your dog doesn’t pee on it. But, if you are intelligent than your dog, you will make the recipe given here.
Recipe 1 – Broccoli and chicken dog meal
- Cut broccoli, carrots and potatoes
- Boil or bake all the veggies
- Take chicken breast
- Fry chicken breast in one tablespoon of oil.
- In a bowl place the breast
- Add all the veggies over it. ( you dog will have to eat all the veggies to get to his chicken)
- Now just to make it little swallowable and tastier and some chicken broth.
Recipe 2 – Broccoli and bone broth powder
- Cut and chop broccoli
- Stir fry it in one tablespoon of oil
- Sprinkle bone broth powder over it and serve it to your dog.
Your dog will be all over the bowl to eat this delicious recipe. Therefore, serve him only after it is completely cool.
Can broccoli harm your dog?
- The florets of broccoli contain isothiocyanates that can create severe gastro problems in some dogs. Hence, make sure your dog is not allergic to this veggie.
- Stems of broccoli can also cause choking hazards.
- Feed your dog with a small quantity of this vegetable to avoid any reactions.
Well, we can make your dog eat broccoli, not but not 5-year-old humans! Please leave your tips and tricks in the comment below. We are also eager to hear what happened when you shared this yummy recipe with your dog. Do give us a thumbs up if you loved the write-up.